This learning outcome contributes to the following graduate attributes:|
A Research and Inquiry
A1. Apply scientific knowledge and critical thinking to identify, define and analyse problems, create solutions, evaluate opinions, innovate and improve current practices.
A2. Gather, evaluate and deploy information relevant to a scientific problem.
A3. Design and conduct investigations, or the equivalent, and analyse and interpret the resulting data.
A4. Critically examine the truth and validity in scientific argument and discourse, and evaluate the relative importance of ideas.
B Information Literacy
B3. Critically evaluate the reliability and relevance of information in a scientific context.
This learning outcome is assessed through the following assessment tasks:
- Introduction to Mastering Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism - Assignment 1 and Tutorial Questions
- Electricity and Magnetism - Assignment 2 and Tutorial Questions
- Electricity and Magnetism - Assignment 3 and Tutorial Questions
- Fluids - Assignment 4 and Tutorial Questions
- Quantum Physics - Assignment 5 and Tutorial Questions
- Quantum Physics - Assignment 6 and Tutorial Questions
- Mid-semester Test
- Laboratory Project
- Final Examination