- Who should I contact for help?
- How is the unit assessed?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a laboratory session?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial quiz?
- What do I do if I am ill or affected by personal circumstances during or leading up to the exam period?
- What practical am I doing this week?
- USYD eLearning (Blackboard) crashed when I was doing a pre-lab quiz - what should I do?
- I'm repeating the unit - do I have to do the practicals and quizzes again?
- I want to enrol in CHEM1108 but can't do it online - what should I do?
- I have some suggestions for improvements or comments - what should I talk to?
- I'm finding the course very difficult - what should I do?
- My question isn't on this list - what should I do?
There are no automatic exemptions from the practical course for any students.
Repeat students who have completed the course previously, may apply for exemption from the practical course by completing the relevant form. Applications for exemption should be submitted in the first week of semester
Each case will be treated on its own merits, based on attendance records and marks obtained in the laboratory course previously.
Students granted a practical exemption will receive a pro-rata mark calculated from their previous practical marks.
If you apply for exemption, you will be notified of our decision by email. We will access all applications closer to the start of semester. You should not assume that you have been granted exemption until you receive notification and should therefore attend your practical sessions until you receive this.
We do not grant exemption from exams or quizzes (or assignments if applicable to your unit). These form an important part of the learning structure of the program.