School of Chemistry | Faculty of Science | The University of Sydney
Periodic Table (PDF) | Useful Data | Useful Formulas

CHEM1903 - Frequently Asked Questions

I want to enrol in CHEM1903 but can't do it online - what should I do?

CHEM1903, Chemistry 1A (Special Studies Program) first requires an application at These will be processed early in Week 1 of Semester 1. Until you receive a notification, enrol in CHEM1901. Then, if you receive an invitation, use the certificate to make a Special Permission request to switch (see below).

You can request "special permission" from the School of Chemistry to enrol in subjects with entrance requirements, even if you do not meet them. Special permission can be requested within Sydney Student, by following the instructions at:

If you do not receive a response from your special permission request within a couple of days, you are welcome to contact us (Enquiry Office - email:, telephone 9351 4413 or Dr Toby Hudson - email:
Whenever you email us, please include your name, SID and the unit (CHEM1903).

Contact Us | Privacy | ©2022 School of Chemistry | last modified Friday, 21 February, 2014 :: top of the page ::