- Who should I contact for help?
- How is the unit assessed?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a laboratory session?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial quiz?
- What do I do if I am ill or affected by personal circumstances during or leading up to the exam period?
- What practical am I doing this week?
- USYD eLearning (Blackboard) crashed when I was doing a pre-lab quiz - what should I do?
- I'm repeating the unit - do I have to do the practicals and quizzes again?
- I want to enrol in CHEM1111 but can't do it online - what should I do?
- I have some suggestions for improvements or comments - what should I talk to?
- I'm finding the course very difficult - what should I do?
- My question isn't on this list - what should I do?
There are a number of resources on this website which you may find useful. These include ChemCAL (online tutorials), self-help quizzes, lecture notes and games.
We also provide duty tutors in the First Year Chemistry Learning Centre. The service is available from 12am-2pm on Tuesday-Friday at the back of Lab D. It is free!
You are also welcome to contact Dr Toby Hudson, the Director of First Year Studies in Chemistry, in room 456 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will offer you friendly help, advice and suggestions. Please include your name and unit (CHEM1111).