- Who should I contact for help?
- How is the unit assessed?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a laboratory session?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial?
- What do I do if I miss or know I will miss a tutorial quiz?
- What do I do if I am ill or affected by personal circumstances during or leading up to the exam period?
- What practical am I doing this week?
- USYD eLearning (Blackboard) crashed when I was doing a pre-lab quiz - what should I do?
- I'm repeating the unit - do I have to do the practicals and quizzes again?
- I want to enrol in CHEM1904 but can't do it online - what should I do?
- I have some suggestions for improvements or comments - what should I talk to?
- I'm finding the course very difficult - what should I do?
- My question isn't on this list - what should I do?
Your preferred option should be to catch up on a missed quiz as these form part of the assessment of this unit. If you miss a quiz or know you are going to, check the list of tutorials available for this unit and try your hardest to make one of the other times:
Plan ahead if you have an upcoming sport or theatrical event!
If you miss a tutorial quiz due to illness or misadventure, you may apply for Special Consideration. Go to the Special consideration website, and follow the procedures outlined. Application for special consideration must be submitted within three (3) working days of the missed session, unless you have good reason for applying late. If you are prevented from doing this by, for example, hospitalisation, you should apply immediately upon your return to University.
If your special consideration for a quiz is approved, the outcome should be a replacement assessment, which means that you should come to the Chemistry Enquiry Office within one week of the final date on your medical certificate, where you can complete the quiz you missed.