CHEM1903 - Resources for Week 13
Topics and Learning Outcomes
- Electrolytic Cells
- define electrolysis, electrorefining and overpotential
- calculate the yield of a chemical product from current and electrolysis time
- predict which products are thermodynamically favoured to form in an aqueous electrolysis reaction, and relate this to the chlor-alkali process
- explain how aluminium is won from its ore
- describe the process of corrosion of iron, factors that affect corrosion, and various methods of corrosion prevention, including cathodic protection and anodic inhibition
Textbook and eBook References
Electrolytic Cells -
the eBook reference is free and is taken from high quality sources.
Lecture Notes, Tutorial Worksheets & Answers and Suggested Exam Questions
ChemCAL and iChem Resources
Contributed Links and Resources
You can contribute resources to this site and rank the existing resources: log in to eLearning and follow the link to 'Contribute' under 'Course Resources'.