Papers and Solutions
- Example multiple choice questions
- There are no multiple choice questions in the exam this year. These are provided here for as a resource only.
MCQ plus answers
- November 2011 and 2012
- June 2011 and 2012
Please note that spectroscopy is examined in the end of semester examination in Summer School.
A data sheet with periodic table is supplied with all Chemistry 1 exam papers. You should consult this data sheet to see what equations and data you will be provided with. However, note that as the sheet is common to all Chemistry 1 Units of Study, much of the information presented is not required for the particular paper you will be sitting.
Note that the syllabus changed considerably in 2004 and consequently the pre-2004 exam papers are not so relevant to the current syllabus.
Note: It is University policy not to publish any multiple choice questions that are used in examinations.
- Topics covered only in the laboratory are not re-assessed in the examination.
- From 2006 onwards, full worked answers are available. For papers before then, the answers include only the numerical answer or a short answer without any working. Worked answers to problems covering the topics covered week by week are available on the 'suggested exam Q & A page'
- There are almost certainly errors in the answers - if you suspect that an answer is wrong please contact Prof Bridgeman who will endeavour to check and correct the answer if necessary.
- The syllabuses for CHEM1902 and CHEM1002 are similar to that for this unit and the CHEM1902 past papers and worked answers and the CHEM1002 past papers and worked answers are also worth trying for extra practice.